Saturday, February 23, 2013

The past weeks...

The past few weeks have been full of ups and downs, as per the usual. Breadon had her first real tantrum, like a real one. I would like to say I knew exactly what to do but I didn't.  Luckily my mom was with me to coach me through it. She has tried to have a few more since and I am hoping it is just a phase. I try to be super consistant so lets hope it pays off. As of last week Brienna is completly caught up and functioning as a normal 3 year old in every way! Breadon is SO close with just her speech holding her back. We are now going to be taking her to DSM for an evaluation to see exactly where she is at.

I can't believe they are going to be 3. I am the mom of two 3 year olds...

I have a friend that had twins long before I did and what she said still rings true... see I was kinda freaking about having twins, wondering if I could ever do it. knowing that it would probably be 1 of the hardest things that I would ever have to do. it has not been easy. It is not always been fun. But looking back on the last 3 years I can definitely say it has been the most amazing experiences of my life.what she said was that God would never give you more than you can handle, and that I could do it.

I don't think that 2 is always better than 1 in every situation, but with kids it sure is double the fun. But with that comes double doubts, double the worries and double the laundry. luckily I've been doing baby laundry since before they were born so adding a few extra pairs of pants and shirts isn't a big deal. Because it reminds me of all the times where I prayed to have those extra pants and shirts and how my prayers were answered.

Zach parents came to visit last weekend and we had a great time seeing them. We always do. They call Lynn 'my my my' instead of grandma and I have to admit I love it, they came up with it all on their own!

on the 18th this last week would have been my dad 76th birthday. We bought cupcakes and told the girls about their grandpa Wally showed them pictures and talked about him. I'm pretty sure we're going to start doing that every year. Brienna even recognized him before I had to say anything. It was a little bit easier this year to celebrate, but a little bit harder at the same time. They're going to know who he is someday. I'll make sure of that. I want them to know that he loved them so much and he was so excited when they were born.in fact from day 1 he was the one who told me that I was going to have twins. So he was even more excited before anyone else. So happy birthday to my dad. I miss you. And I love you. And I promise to pass on everything you taught me to the girls, since you won't be here to do it yourself. Confidence, boldness and knowing what is right and wrong and probably some stubbornness too. We all miss you.

Thanks for tuning in.

1 comment:

Please leave me your comments <3 I like to hear and read what people think! Also email me too if you feel the need, I am always up for an email!