Wednesday, September 25, 2013

We are potty trained!

And when I say we, I mean the girls :) As far as I know Zach and I are doing pretty well on our own ;)

Things I learned when potty training:

The first day is the hardest
Be patient
Then be even more patient
Make a BIG deal EVERYTIME they go in the beginning
Rewards WORK, we did a sticker chart and they LOVED it
Buy panties, LOTS of panties
Ask if they have to go ALL the time
Know that they WILL have accidents and prepare for it
We DID use pull ups for naps and outings at first, but told them it was their big girl diapers and not to pee in them, and for the most part they didn't! 

The girls are 3.5 and we finally potty trained them. I am GLAD we waited. We had tried once about 6 months ago and it really went awful. I decided then we would wait until after we went to Florida, because in all honesty I didn't want to stop every 5 minutes and deal with it on the beach, in the car so on and so forth.

Many parents I know have already potty trained their child at 2 and really I had NO desire, and it was totally a convenience factor. I was lazy. I am lazy, really. I am tired all the time. Working on it!

Anyway, I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad I waited. I feel like they understood it alot quicker. Brienna hasn't had an accident since day 2 and is even holding it at night. Being 3.5 we can discuss it, talk about it and they get it. When I told them not to pee in the big girl diaper they didn't!

 Breadon took about a full week to go freely and even then it was at the end of the day, she held it ALL day and then would go (maybe) at the end of the day. But within the last week its like she had done it all along and is secretly laughing at us for worrying about her. She does EVERYTHING like that. They were BOTH pooping in the potty by like day 2 or 3 so that really hasn't been a huge issue. I am so proud of them!

We did the no pants thing, as in no bottoms no undies no nothing and it worked great... except for the few accidents! After they went for a full day we put on panties. And now we are wearing pants! It has been less  stressful than I had thought and I am SO glad for that!

Home school is going well! They are enjoying it and sometimes ask to do more school! More on that soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me your comments <3 I like to hear and read what people think! Also email me too if you feel the need, I am always up for an email!