Things that make you go mmm...
Candy Corn Fudge
Active Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 25 minutes
Serves: 64 (Um, I cut huge pieces so it was like 30 pieces LOL)
These colorful treats may sound super sweet, but a few key ingredients keep them balanced: cream cheese for tanginess, pretzels for a salty kick and dried cherries (or cranberries) for a touch of tartness. And you can take off the candy corn for Christmas and use the cranberries or other dried fruit!
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups white chocolate chips (about 18 oz)
- 2 cups mini pretzels or broken pretzel pieces
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup candy corn
- Line an 8- or 9-in. square pan with 2 sheets of parchment paper, leaving an overhang on all sides.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until smooth, about 2 minutes; beat in the vanilla.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in the microwave according to package directions.
- Add the melted chocolate to the cream cheese mixture and beat until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Fold in the pretzels and cherries. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and top with the candy corn. Refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours and up to 2 days.
- Using the overhangs, transfer the fudge to a cutting board and cut into 1-in. pieces. Serve in mini cupcake liners, if desired
This is the AWESOME fudge!!!! I just made some yesterday and it was amazing! It really is super sweet but the pretzels really balance it out! Make this for multiple holidays and use your imagination! YUM!